This weekend was so fantastic! Friday night was the formal. It’s been a long time since I’ve gotten all dressed up and danced like crazy and it felt SO good!
David was the DJ for the night and he did a wonderful job.
All of the gentlemen looked so handsome and the women so beautiful!! I loved seeing all my friends all cleaned up and out on the town. They’re all gorgeous all the time, but when everybody gets fixed up it’s like, “dang! How’d I get such attractive friends?!”
I went to bed with tired legs and a big smile on my face. Then on Saturday morning I was up bright and early to go snowshoeing with Big Brothers Big Sisters. We went up to a place called Marshall Mountain which is a ski resort that shut down 12 years ago. It was SO COOL! I can’t believe I’ve never heard of it before. Somebody should totally shoot a horror movie there. Old chairlift, ski lodge, empty bar, and a bunch of sheds and trails? Ya. Perfect.
We SnowShoed up the mountain for 2 hours, found clues using GPS, learned how to light a flint fire, and then got to slide down a ski run on our bums!
After our snowshoeing adventure, we broke for lunch and then went folfing in the snow! To wrap things up we had a fire, ate s’mores, and played some field games.
It was seven hours of trying new things, being outside, seeing kids get excited (like SUPER excited) about nature, laughing, eating good food, and having a ball. The time flew by!
Saturday night David and I studied for a few hours before going to see the new Hunger Games. Today has been full of getting chores done! After breakfast at Starbucks, we worked out and then went grocery shopping. I made all my breakfasts and lunches for the week.
Breakfast sandwiches with vegetarian sausage, cheddar, and egg. Lunch is just a giant heap of potatoes and vegetables and cheese…I didn’t really have time to get creative or pretty, but it’ll be so nice to have quick healthy meals!
- Hop back on that clean eating train. I had brown rice, sweet potatoes, and carrots every day for lunch. Plus an english muffin with peanut butter and banana for breakfasts! Dinners were mostly healthy with a few treats thrown in there. Success!
- Call two doctors about shadowing. Check! Some more hours set up the Sunday in the Emergency Room.
- Do the best I can on the biochem exam. Well I got about 20 percentage points higher than the average but I think I could have done better. Oh well!
- Workout at least 3 times. Zumba, yoga, snowshoeing, and lifting and dancing today.
- Get 8 hours of sleep a night. I had a few nights in there where it was more like 5…but for the most part I made sure to get enough sleep this week.
- Study for MCAT on all my lunch breaks this week.
- Finish my British Literature final paper.
- Organize all my old tests, quizzes, and papers so that I have final study guides for Biochem and Physics.
- Go to zumba, do a pilates video, a yoga video, and arms.
- Get back to drinking 4 bottles of water a day.